Re: Advice for PG-SQL Enterprise deployment - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Scott Ribe
Subject Re: Advice for PG-SQL Enterprise deployment
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Jun 27, 2014, at 12:22 PM, Kido Kouassi <jjkido@gmail.com> wrote:

> As we have little expertise on PostgreSQL I am looking for advices on learning resource and experiences from people
whohave walk this path before me.

The very first thing you need to know: the PostgreSQL documentation is very good, better than that of many commercial
products,and better than any other open-source product I've worked with ;-) So you might want to start with section III
"ServerAdministration" http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/index.html.

That said, you might also benefit from:

http://www.packtpub.com/postgresql-replication/book
http://www.packtpub.com/postgresql-90-high-performance/book
http://www.packtpub.com/postgresql-9-admin-cookbook/book

And you'll soon enough find out that this list is an excellent resource...

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com