Re: Installing postgresql on Win2K - Mailing list pgsql-general

From SHELTON,MICHAEL (Non-HP-Boise,ex1)
Subject Re: Installing postgresql on Win2K
Date
List pgsql-general
Try the following pages:

http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?install-win32.html
http://www.ejip.net/faq/postgresql_win_setup_faq.jsp
http://www.cygwin.com/

I think I got my install working from the information in those sites.  The
first one is the postgres info, the 2nd is a great source of info, and the
third is the cygwin utils you'll need (click the "Install now" link on the
page).

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Troy.Campano@LibertyMutual.com [mailto:Troy.Campano@LibertyMutual.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 9:54 AM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] Installing postgresql on Win2K

Hello,
I want to set up a development PostgreSQL database on my local Windows 2000
machine.
From what I understand I need to use cygwin.
Other than that I'm totally lost at where to start.
Do I use the same postgresql-7.1.3.tar.gz source file I use on Linux, but
somehow use cygwin to compile/install it on Windows?
Is there an article anywhere on how to do this?
Thank you!
Troy Campano