Re: BUG #6721: installation of PostgreSQL prevented WebServer Start - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Arnold
Subject Re: BUG #6721: installation of PostgreSQL prevented WebServer Start
List pgsql-bugs

From: Dave Page [mailto:dpage@pgadmin.org]=20
Sent: Freitag, 6. Juli 2012 10:38
To: Peter Arnold
Cc: pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [BUGS] BUG #6721: installation of PostgreSQL prevented WebServ=
er Start

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 9:29 AM,  <peter.arnold@jd-ag.com> wrote:

> Bug reference:      6721
> Logged by:          Peter Arnold
> Email address:      peter.arnold@jd-ag.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.0.8
> Operating system:   MAC OSX
>
> Hi,
>
> after i install PostgreSQL 9.0.8 on my MAC with OSX 10.7.4 the=20
> WEBSERVER is no more able to start. The information about why seems to be:
> 1. MAC-Webserver is compiled against a libssl.dylib version 0.8.9,=20
> PostgreSQL changed this to 1.0.0 2. the libpq.5.dylib is deletet by=20
> PostgreSQL and linked to an own lib in the PostgreSQL installation

Where did your PostgreSQL distribution come from? The EDB installers certai=
nly won't delete the system libpq, or upgrade the system's copy of libssl.d=
ylib (unless you install it in the root directory of course, which is defin=
itely not recommended!)

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com