Re: weaknesses and strenghts of PG - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Paragon Corporation
Subject Re: weaknesses and strenghts of PG
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Thomas Finneid wrote:

> I am researching an advocation paper on Postgres. Basically I would
> like to make a list of the most important strengths and weaknesses of
> Postgres compared to a couple of other major databases.
>
> The aim is to have a factual technical background for when advocating
> Postgres to potential users.

We've done comparisons against MySQL and SQL Server (both for regular use
and spatial)

http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/index.php?/archives/51-Cross-Compare-o
f-SQL-Server,-MySQL,-and-PostgreSQL.html

http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/index.php?/archives/51-Cross-Compare-o
f-SQL-Server,-MySQL,-and-PostgreSQL.html

Simon Greener has started one too -- he said he'd try to compensate for our
lack of Oracle and DBII mention when he has time. His is more of a spatial
compare though

http://www.spatialdbadvisor.com/SpatialDatabaseComparison/99/spatial-databas
e-comparison

Hope that helps,