Re: vista - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brandon Aiken
Subject Re: vista
Date
List pgsql-general
So...

If you're not a PostgreSQL Win32 port dev, and *don't know* what they're
up to as far as Vista, why respond to the Q?  Or why respond "fix it
yourself" instead of "ask this guy" or "nobody here will know yet" or
"post your query on -ports or -hackers".

Otherwise it's as useful as saying "http://justgoogleit.com/" or "check
the man pages".  While technically a correct response, it's not a very
useful one and certainly not what the poster was asking, yes?  It's like
a "SELECT * ..." statement returning a single row with an asterisk in
it.  Gee, thanks for the tautology.

Heck, even "check CVS change logs" would be more useful.  Presumably *a*
person on the dev team will handle it eventually.  And it's not
unreasonable to expect that somebody, somewhere has asked the same
question to the dev team and that they *might* know something about the
state of PG on that platform.

Frankly, I too could care less about PG on Vista.  Longhorn isn't due
until Vista SP1, so PG support has a long time to go before it's a real
concern.  But then I didn't try to answer the question.

--
Brandon Aiken
CS/IT Systems Engineer