Re: Re: New Linux xfs/reiser file systems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From carl garland
Subject Re: Re: New Linux xfs/reiser file systems
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> > Just put a note in the installation docs that the place where the
>database
> > is initialised to should be on a non-Reiser, non-XFS mount...
>
>Sure, we can do that now.

I still think this is not necessarily the right approach either. One
major purpose of using a journaling fs is for fast boot up time after
crash.  If you have a 100 GB database you may wish to have the data
on XFS.  I do think that the WAL log should be on a separate disk and
on a non-journaling fs for performance.

Best Regards,
Carl Garland