Socket connection error... - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Anil Jangam
Subject Socket connection error...
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Hi,

Here is one problem.

I accidently killed the cygwin bash shell while postmaaster was running.
Now, when I am restarting it, its giving the following error....

    Administrator@ANILJ /usr/local/pgsql/data
    $ psql -U uss enterprise
    psql: connectDBStart() -- connect() failed: Connection refused
            Is the postmaster running locally
            and accepting connections on Unix socket
'/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432'?

    Administrator@ANILJ /usr/local/pgsql/data
    $

Before starting the postmaster, I removed the old .pid file from the
"/usr/local/pgsql/data" location. Still the socket error persists. What is
the reason. Is there something missing???

-anil.