Re: How to transfer databases form one server to other - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrus
Subject Re: How to transfer databases form one server to other
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

>> 3. Manually edit role definitions to delete role postgres since it exists
>> in new server.
>No need, it will throw a harmless error message and continue on.

By my knowledge, pgAdmin executes script in single transaction and rolls it
back on error.
Should psql used or is there some option in pgadmin.

>> To repeat transfer after testing:
>>
>> 1. Delete restored databases.
>> 2. Delete imported roles in new server
>That will probaly not end well. I'm guessing there are objects that have a
>dependency on the the roles.

If imported databases are dropped before, there will be hopefully no
dependencies.

Andrus.