Re: Change in Pervasive's PostgreSQL strategy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Larry Rosenman
Subject Re: Change in Pervasive's PostgreSQL strategy
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> Today Pervasive announced that it is stepping away from PostgreSQL
> support and services. There's an open letter to the community at
> http://pervasivepostgresql.com with more info, so I won't really go
> into that. There are a few things I wanted to mention, though.
>
> First, I'm now officially looking for work. :) So is Larry.
>
> Second, Pervasive is keeping me employed until the end of August, so
> I'll continue posting from this email address and using this signature
> until then.
>
> While it's disappointing to me that Pervasive couldn't find a
> PostgreSQL strategy that worked for them it's certainly not a
> reflection of the technology. Even so, it's been a pleasure working
> here for the past year.
>
> Pervasive does have a bunch of stuff it plans to contribute to the
> community (such as our knowledge base, and the directory), and we'll
> be talking with Josh Berkus about that.

I'd like to echo Jim's sentiment.  The last 9 months here have been
great, and
the community is still as wonderful as ever.

I hope I've been a positive asset to both Pervasive and the community
(mailing-list
and IRC).
--
Larry Rosenman