Change in Pervasive's PostgreSQL strategy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Change in Pervasive's PostgreSQL strategy
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Today Pervasive announced that it is stepping away from PostgreSQL
support and services. There's an open letter to the community at
http://pervasivepostgresql.com with more info, so I won't really go into
that. There are a few things I wanted to mention, though.

First, I'm now officially looking for work. :) So is Larry.

Second, Pervasive is keeping me employed until the end of August, so
I'll continue posting from this email address and using this signature
until then.

While it's disappointing to me that Pervasive couldn't find a PostgreSQL
strategy that worked for them it's certainly not a reflection of the
technology. Even so, it's been a pleasure working here for the past
year.

Pervasive does have a bunch of stuff it plans to contribute to the
community (such as our knowledge base, and the directory), and we'll be
talking with Josh Berkus about that.