Re: How to choose a disc array for Postgresql? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Vivek Khera
Subject Re: How to choose a disc array for Postgresql?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Mar 2, 2008, at 11:23 PM, Scott Marlowe wrote:

> And I've never had any of the problems you list with LSI cards.  The
> only issue I've seen is mediocre RAID-10 performance on their cards

I don't fault the LSI card.  The 320-2X is by far one of the fastest
cards I've ever used, and the most stable under FreeBSD.  The only
time I've had issue with the LSI cards is with dell-branded disk
enclosures.

As for using U320 vs. SAS, I guess the decision would be based on
cost.  The last systems I bought with big disks were over a year ago,
so I don't know the pricing anymore.