Re: Why does the number of rows are different in actual and estimated. - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Evgeny Shishkin
Subject Re: Why does the number of rows are different in actual and estimated.
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Dec 14, 2012, at 3:09 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

> On 12/13/2012 05:42 PM, Claudio Freire wrote:
>> And it looks like it all may be starting to go south here:
>>>                                        ->  Hash Join  (cost=9337.97..18115.71 rows=34489 width=244) (actual
time=418.054..1156.453rows=205420 loops=1)
>>>                                              Hash Cond: (customerdetails.customerid = entity.id)
>

> Well, it looks like it's choosing a join order that's quite a bit different from the way the query is expressed, so
theOP might need to play around with forcing the join order some.

OP joins 8 tables, and i suppose join collapse limit is set to default 8. I thought postgresql's optimiser is not
mysql's.