Question about installing PostgreSQL on a Windows machine - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Sean McInerney
Subject Question about installing PostgreSQL on a Windows machine
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Hello.

I am trying to follow your FAQ_MSWIN instructions but am having trouble
immediately.  #1 says to install cygwin, which I have done, but it does not
come with a pre-built version of PostgreSQL.  Did I install the wrong
version of cygwin?

Step 2 tells me to install cygipc.  I have downloaded cygipc-1.11-1.tar.bz2
and the instructions tell me to do the following (I assume from cygwin): $
tar -C / -xjf cygipc-1.11-1.tar.bz2

which produces: tar (child): bzip2: Cannot exec: No such file or directory

I'm assuming I don't have bzip2 installed?  How can I achieve this?  Note
that my file is in the / directory as different tar flags produce proper
errors (such as -zxvf tells me it isn't in gzip format).

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Sean McInerney