Re: Question about installing PostgreSQL on a Windows machine - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Jason Tishler
Subject Re: Question about installing PostgreSQL on a Windows machine
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Sean,

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 06:46:49PM +0000, Sean McInerney wrote:
> I am trying to follow your FAQ_MSWIN instructions but am having trouble
> immediately.

Please read the Cygwin PostgreSQL README:

    /usr/doc/Cygwin/postgresql-7.2.3.README

or

    http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/postgresql/postgresql-7.2.3.README

> #1 says to install cygwin, which I have done, but it does not come
> with a pre-built version of PostgreSQL.

Yes it does -- look under the the Database category.

> Did I install the wrong version of cygwin?

No.

> which produces: tar (child): bzip2: Cannot exec: No such file or directory
>
> I'm assuming I don't have bzip2 installed?

Correct.

> How can I achieve this?

Rerun setup.exe and select it from the Utils category.

Jason