RE: storing binary data - PGSQL book/documentation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Franck Martin
Subject RE: storing binary data - PGSQL book/documentation
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm not sure about this one, but could someone update the PG documentation
and book to describe bytea type.

Could someone explain also if there is an issue to store binary data in
bytea and retreive the data if there is a BIGENDINA/SMALLENDIAN setup.

Also can I create a user type which send back some binary data ?

Franck Martin
Database Development Officer
SOPAC South Pacific Applied Geoscience Commission
Fiji
E-mail: franck@sopac.org <mailto:franck@sopac.org>
Web site: http://www.sopac.org/ <http://www.sopac.org/>

This e-mail is intended for its recipients only. Do not forward this
e-mail without approval. The views expressed in this e-mail may not be
neccessarily the views of SOPAC.