Re: postgresql.org inconsistent (Re: PG replication across DataCenters) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Atkins
Subject Re: postgresql.org inconsistent (Re: PG replication across DataCenters)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Dec 10, 2013, at 8:47 AM, Wolfgang Keller <feliphil@gmx.net> wrote:

>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/different-replication-solutions.html?
>
>> Synchronous Multimaster Replication
>
> *snip*
>
>> PostgreSQL does not offer this type of replication (...)
>
> Now I compare that statement with:
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Postgres-XC
>
>> Project Overview
>
> *snip*
>
>> Features of PG-XC include:
>
> *snip*
>
>> 2. Synchronous multi-master configuration
>
> Seems to me that the editing process of the different parts of
> postgresql.org somewhat lacks transactional semantics.

Postgres-XC isn't PostgreSQL. Entirely different product.

Anyone can add pages to the wiki, and there's lots of information
there about things that aren't postgresql, Postgres-XC is just
one of those.

Cheers,
  Steve