Pg_dumpall problem - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From James Hall
Subject Pg_dumpall problem
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hello,

I am trying to backup my database with pg_dumpall.

When I try to execute the dump command, I get the following result:
---
postgres@rspde data]$ pg_dumpall > 101602.out
Password: psql: Password authentication failed for user 'postgres'
Password: xxxx              <------- I enter the password for
postgres user here
Password: psql: Password authentication failed for user 'postgres'
Password: psql: fe_sendauth: no password supplied
Password: psql: fe_sendauth: no password supplied
Password: psql: fe_sendauth: no password supplied
Password: psql: fe_sendauth: no password supplied
Password: psql: fe_sendauth: no password supplied
Password: psql: fe_sendauth: no password supplied
Password: psql: fe_sendauth: no password supplied
Password: psql: fe_sendauth: no password supplied
Password: psql: fe_sendauth: no password supplied
Password: psql: fe_sendauth: no password supplied
Password: psql: fe_sendauth: no password supplied
Password: psql: fe_sendauth: no password supplied
Password: psql: fe_sendauth: no password supplied
Password: psql: fe_sendauth: no password supplied
Password: psql: fe_sendauth: no password supplied
Password: xxxx              <-------- prompted again for
postgres password, password entered again
Connection to database '' failed.
fe_sendauth: no password supplied

pg_dump failed on , exiting
postgres@rspde data]$
---

My pg_hba.conf is pretty simple -
local     all     password
host     all     0.0.0.0     0.0.0.0    password

Only other thing to note is I am connecting to the server with Postgres via
a Telnet connection.

Any help in figuring this problem out would be appreciated!

Thank you,
-jim