Re: Hope for a new PostgreSQL era? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nicholson, Brad (Toronto, ON, CA)
Subject Re: Hope for a new PostgreSQL era?
Date
Re: Hope for a new PostgreSQL era?  ("Tomas Vondra" <tv@fuzzy.cz>)
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 9:11 AM, Marc Cousin <cousinmarc@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> I wish it was the same (I use and like both pgbouncer and pgpool too,
> and they do a good job, I'm not arguing on that). But unfortunately it
> isn't: you still have the notion of session for each connected client
> in Oracle when using the shared servers model.
>
> It means you keep your session variables, your prepared statements,
> your running transaction, etc… in each individual session while having
> the multiplexing equivalent of a 'statement level' from pgbouncer.

In Oracle - can the pool share connections between DB users and/or databases on the instance?  If the answer is yes to
either,that is a fair bit better than what we can achieve today.

Brad.