Re: Wiki? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Gavin M. Roy
Subject Re: Wiki?
Date
List pgsql-www
Framewerk is nearing Beta.  I'm unveiling a new website, design, and
documentation.  I'd love to set techdocs up with it as soon as it's
ready, but don't want to push another CVS version based site out.
Would rather wait another week or two and set things up right.  I did
originally offer to do techdocs on Framewerk, and someone else more
recently came along and wanted to do something different, MSDN like
if I remember correctly.

Anyway, if you guys want to wait a couple weeks, I'll do up a proper
techdocs with users, cms, cmsWiki (where users can offer revisions
into the CMS but they don't go live without approval), and wiki ability.

Gavin

On Sep 6, 2005, at 6:21 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>> Well, my personal $0.02 for Techdocs was to simply put up a
>> PostgreSQL-based Wiki which supports authenticated users.
>> However, some folks had more sophisticated ideas.
>>

> Wasn't someone working on a new techdocs? What ever happen to that?
> I mean I have a perfectly
> good FreeBSD machine here doing nothing, that is more than capable
> of handling something like
> Bricolage with mod_perl while waiting to be the backup pgfoundry
> machine.
>
> I could also put it on my lovely dual opteron where pgbuildfarm
> sits (if someone prefers Linux).
> We could the CpCMS if  people want, however it is not OSS (I would
> of course donate a license
> so long term support would never be an issue).
>
> I would suggest Framewerk but it appears to have silently died or
> at least the old website is gone...
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake

Gavin M. Roy