Re: CA spins Ingres off to independent company - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Richard P. Welty
Subject Re: CA spins Ingres off to independent company
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Nov 8, 2005, at 7:52 AM, Christopher Browne wrote:
> It doesn't strike me as being anywhere near as interesting as the
> InnoDB Oy buyout, so I'll be happy to let others "take point" in the
> defocus :-).

really.

Ingres is of tremendous historical importance, but how long has
it been since anyone really "cared" in a practical sense?

reviving interest in Ingres strikes me as being a rather challenging
job, and a lot of folks who might be interested would seem to be
otherwise occupied.

richard