Re: how to fail over slave to master - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Scott Ribe
Subject Re: how to fail over slave to master
Date
List pgsql-admin
> On Dec 28, 2020, at 11:54 AM, Pepe TD Vo <pepevo@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Version 12 and can you show me step by step what needs to do?  I found a document in version 10 to promote salve to
masterwith pg_ctl and create recovery.conf.  Recovery.conf is not existed in version 12 but in version 1.

1) The parameters that used to be set in recovery.conf are instead set in postgresql.conf in 12 & above.

2) They are set on your replica; otherwise it would not come up as a replica. They are not needed in a master.