Re: better editing in the data view - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: better editing in the data view
Date
List pgadmin-support

From: pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Antoine
Sent: 08 January 2006 16:01
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] better editing in the data view

Hi,
I know you probably get this sort of comment all the time... but I'm going to make it anyway :-). I have managed to get postgres firmly on the radar in our company, and I am pretty sure that all new db projects (that don't absolutely have to be without a server process...) we do will be postgres based. That said... all the devs (me included :-)) have got used to a certain db manager frontend (guess which :-)) which makes it very easy to copy and paste from one cell to another, and to other apps, and from one row to another etc. Are there any plans to make data entry a little easier in the data view? It would be a great deal easier to ween the others of access if we had more access-like functionality... Of course, it is only for development, and nothing is stopping us from creating an access file linking to the db... (which is what we currently do).
At the end of the day pgadmin allows one to administer the db which is something access never will... but why not have it all ;-).

Yes, this feature is absolutely in our plans (I miss it from 'the other gui' as well) - in fact I tried to talk one of the other devs into implementing it only yesterday :-)

No eta yet, but stay tuned...

Regards, Dave