Re: [ psqlodbc-Bugs-1000476 ] DateStyle and Transaction - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [ psqlodbc-Bugs-1000476 ] DateStyle and Transaction
Date
List pgsql-odbc

Ack sorry - that's what you get for trying to work late at night! I've
re-opened the tracker until we decide if the behaviour with the patch is
100% correct or not. At very least it's 50% better than before :-)

> Do you think it's good idea to do explicit begin, commit around
> connect settings all the time? I don't have time for test
> this behaviour yet.

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea - at the very least one tx with all the
hard-coded queries, then one for any user-supplied connect string. I'll
try to find some time to look in the next few days (pretty busy
releasing pgAdmin 1.4.1 and PostgreSQL 8.1.1/8.0.5 for Windows atm).

Regards, Dave