Re: Alternate PostgreSQL.org Design - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Alternate PostgreSQL.org Design
Date
List pgsql-www

Yes, it is a very nice design, far nicer than your last one :-)

I am concerned though - after a long time looking around and discussing
things on and off, we already all agreed on a design. I'm concerned for
2 main reasons:

1) We accepted a concept from Lukasz - I don't like the idea of throwing
away his hard work in this way.

2) What happens if xyz web design comes and offers us another great
design next week. Do we start again? Where/when do we draw the line? If
I'm honest, based on our agreement to use Lukasz' design I think that
line should be drawn already.

> It is a *drop-in* replacement for the current pgweb design.
> No additional work is required to retrofit the current
> wwwdevel design.
> It's already done!
>
> It validates. It is designed for 800x600 and up. And it looks
> pretty. :)

It does not expand with the browser though. That is a requirement of the
new site.

> By clicking "About", you can see the design for the section
> navigation and the sponsor box.

Should be Overview, but I'll put that down to your using an old cvs
snapshot!

> We've gone through a bit of the current content and fixed it
> up with proper headings and so forth. But we believe that the
> content needs to be restructured to fit within navigational
> guide lines.
>
> Some issues with the current content of the site:

Yes, content and the current split of the sites is a known issue, and is
the next phase of the project.

Regards, Dave.