Re: Updated Win32 libs - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Updated Win32 libs
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

Yes, that's because Magnus recently added NLS support. The pg_strcasecmp
issue almost certainly would have arisen with staic libs as well because
it was a build issue affecting libpq in general.

> Actually, I'm not too happy about this DLL hell stuff. Static
> linking probably wouln't use more space, because the ssl libs
> carry much unused methods in them. At least, the zip should
> include all pgsql tools too.

The problem will be moot once 8.0 stabilises anyway - it only arises now
because some missing features have been added. The reason was shifted to
DLLs was because the win32 installer has a variety of packages all using
libpq code, and combined they do make a signicant size difference.

Regards, Dave.