Re: PgSQL not as Administrator - probs on w - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Dave Page
Subject Re: PgSQL not as Administrator - probs on w
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32

As do I, however I was unable to convince the powers that be to allow
such a change, as the only platform it will actually cause anything more
than an inconvenience on is NT4 which doesn't have runas.exe.

When running as a service, just use a non-privileged account, and when
not, use runas to run it under a non-privileged account. It's a pain,
but at least it'll be secure.

Regards, Dave.