Re: Again, the requirement of password of dlgUser.cpp - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Again, the requirement of password of dlgUser.cpp
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Pflug [mailto:pgadmin@pse-consulting.de]
Sent: Wed 3/16/2005 5:44 PM
To: Hiroshi Saito
Cc: Dave Page; pgadmin-hackers@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Again, the requirement of password of dlgUser.cpp

Hiroshi Saito wrote:

>>2) Because it cannot be seen anymore, it should be confirmed

> ????

It cannot be seen on frmMain because that shows the encrypted password.

> Just look at the SQL page...

Yes, it is shown there, but as long as you don't view that tab, the casual observer will not be able to see the
password.Few people are ever likely to look at that tab imnsho - even I only do when debugging.

I see no reason /not/ to include this patch - especially as Hiroshi has had multiple requests for it (as have I in the
past).

I will properly review it as soon as I can.

Regards, Dave.