Re: Parentheses - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Parentheses
Date
List pgadmin-support

Hi Ray,

No problems with the blood pressure now - it looks like I fixed the
difficult bugs!!

> (i) In the SQL query editor, enter an empty pair of parentheses: ().
> (ii) The matching mechanism kicks in, and highlights them with blue;
> at the same time the cursor jumps one space further to the right,
> leaving the parenthese and the empty space all highlighted in blue.
> (iii) Try moving the cursor to the left using left-arrow: the first
> keypress moves it over the empty space, while the second one moves it
> over both parentheses together!
> (iv) Just moving the cursor around with the arrow keys, one might
> think it impossible to place it inside the parentheses......but place
> it immediately to the right of the closing one and begin typing, and
> the text appears correctly between the parentheses.

Unfortunately this is a quirk of the way the text control redraws
itself. There's not really much we can do about that I'm afraid. On the
plus side, as you've found it's only a drawing issue - cursor control
etc is exactly as it should be.

Regards, Dave.