Re: i18n online documentation - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: i18n online documentation
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

There lies a massive problem. The code will automatically use localised docs if it can find them, but that requires
thatthe entire (ie. pgAdmin, Slony and PostgreSQL) docset is translated. That's not the real problem though - the real
issueis when we do a release of pgInstaller, we have perhaps a week to bring everything into sync and get it out of the
door.For the non-windows users, the pgAdmin chm/hhp file *is* the documentation for the Windows version of PostgreSQL.

I suppose we could only ship the English docs with pgInstaller, but that still leaves a potential problem bringing
everythinginto sync for pgAdmin-only releases. What I think we perhaps need to look at is making the localised docs a
runtime-downloadablecomponent, so that we can release them seperately and make it clear to the user before they
downloadwhat version of each set of docs is available to them in the set.

Thoughts?

Regards, Dave.