SoC Ideas for people looking for projects - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Benjamin Arai
Subject SoC Ideas for people looking for projects
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

If you are looking for a SoC idea, I have listed a couple below.  I
am not sure how good of an idea they are but I have ran into the
following limitations and probably other people have as well in the
past.

1. Can user based priorities be implemented as a summer project?  To
some extent it has already been implemented in research (http://
www.cs.cmu.edu/~bianca/icde04.pdf), so it is definitely possible and
scalable.

2. Distributed full-text indexing.  This one I am really not sure how
possible it is but  (TSearch2) very scalable (cannot do multi
terabyte fulltext indexes).  Maybe some sort system could be devised
to perform fulltext searches over multiple systems and merge the
ranked results at some root node.

Benjamin