Re: PGXN Hosting - Mailing list pgsql-www

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: PGXN Hosting
Date
Re: PGXN Hosting  (Cédric Villemain <cedric.villemain.debian@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-www
On May 11, 2011, at 12:55 PM, Cédric Villemain wrote:

> I though cpan has something to track the modules built locally and
> update them all. As probably have pgxn (if cpan has) or will have at
> some point. Am I wrong ?

Not sure what you mean by this. Daniele Varrazzo has been writing a PGXN client, though. Are you thinking of something
like
   pgxn update all

That would install the latest version of all installed extensions?

As for packaging what's on PGXN, I've discussed a bit with Daniele, Magnus, and Devrim (via Twitter) the idea of having
somekind of automated way for PGXN distributions to automatically be repackaged for RPM and/or .deb and/or StackBuilder
distribution.

Best,

David