Re: PGXN Hosting - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Cédric Villemain
Subject Re: PGXN Hosting
Date
List pgsql-www
2011/5/11 David E. Wheeler <david@kineticode.com>:
> On May 11, 2011, at 12:55 PM, Cédric Villemain wrote:
>
>> I though cpan has something to track the modules built locally and
>> update them all. As probably have pgxn (if cpan has) or will have at
>> some point. Am I wrong ?
>
> Not sure what you mean by this. Daniele Varrazzo has been writing a PGXN client, though. Are you thinking of
somethinglike

>    pgxn update all

yes, just wondering if it exists in cpan and pgxn.

> That would install the latest version of all installed extensions?

yes, like aptitude safe-upgrade does.

> As for packaging what's on PGXN, I've discussed a bit with Daniele, Magnus, and Devrim (via Twitter) the idea of
havingsome kind of automated way for PGXN distributions to automatically be repackaged for RPM and/or .deb and/or
StackBuilderdistribution.

cool ! that is a good idea too.