Primary Key on Inherited Table - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Wenjin Zheng
Subject Primary Key on Inherited Table
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I was trying to create a table that inherites from a parent table.  I have
to use the fields both from the parent table and the child table to define
the  primary key.  Unfortunately I was not able to do that.  It can not find
the fields from the parent table and give me the error "column .. does not
exist".  I can not specify the fields by using parenttable.column either.  I
have read the documentations and there is nothing in the inheritance chapter
talking about primary key.  Is there a way to specify primary key in the
child table using columns from parent table?  I am using 6.5.0.  Helps will
be greatly appreciated.

Wenjin Zheng
Bioinformatic Analyst
Large Scale Biology