Re: Cannot read block error. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jason Essington
Subject Re: Cannot read block error.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Starting in single user mode and reindexing the database didn't fix the
error, although it seemed to run just fine.

Vacuum verbose ran until it hit the tfxtrade_details table and then it
died with that same error. it didn't whine about any other problems
prior to dying.

INFO:  --Relation public.tfxtrade_details--
ERROR:  cannot read block 176 of tfxtrade_details: Numerical result out
of range

Guess there is just something really munged in this one. I'll just try
to restore it from the backup.

Interesting, when I went to copy my data directory out of the way, I
received this from cp:

cp: data/base/16976/17840: Result too large

might be a clue

-jason