Re: BUG in Unicode Driver - was: Re: Can't get more than 2 - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Henshall, Stuart - Design & Print
Subject Re: BUG in Unicode Driver - was: Re: Can't get more than 2
Date
List pgsql-odbc

Benjamin Scherrey wrote:
> get more than 255
>

> 11/27/2002 8:48:29 PM, Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue@tpf.co.jp> wrote:
>> Hmm strange.
>> Here, if I turn on the *Text As LongVarChar* DSN option
>> I see a memo field and if I turn off the option I see a text field.
>> Do you relink the table after you changed DSN options ?
>>
>> regards,
>> Hiroshi Inoue
>
>       Yeah - I redo everything from scratch each time to
> ensure that its a fresh connection. Are
> you using the Unicode driver when this happens for you? FWIW
> - we've still got Access 97 here
> but it recognizes memo fields correctly with the other two
> drivers. What version of Access are you
> running?
>
>       thanx & later,
>
>               Ben Scherrey

I find Enabling Row versioning works well. Also IIRC Access 97 wont believe an ODBC backend can index, join etc... on anything it couldn't (Access 2000 fixed this). Also you're table didn't seem to specify a primary key (I'm guessing this would be ID. Try specifying it).

FWIW here's my connection string that works with MS Access 2000:
"ODBC;DRIVER={PostgreSQL+ (Beta)};UID=" & unm & ";PWD=" & pd & ";DATABASE=" & DBName & ";SERVER=" & DBSrvr & ";PORT=5432;READONLY=0;PROTOCOL=6.4;FAKEOIDINDEX=0;SHOWOIDCOLUMN=0;ROWVERSIONING=1;SHOWSYSTEMTABLES=0;CONNSETTINGS="

hth,
- Stuart