Re: ipc-daemon is necessary for running postgre ? - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Henshall, Stuart - TNP Southwest
Subject Re: ipc-daemon is necessary for running postgre ?
Date
List pgsql-cygwin

ipc is for interprocess communications. It is also what postgresql uses for shared memory, which postgresql makes heavy use of for locks and caching.

hth,
- Stuart

DISCLAIMER:The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error. Thank you.