Re: Size of the empty database - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Henshall, Stuart - WCP
Subject Re: Size of the empty database
Date
List pgsql-novice
PostgreSQL probably isn't the best db for embedded stuff. Each WAL file
alone is 16MB, plus indexes get constantly larger unless you recreate them
(as well as needing to run VACUUM to get rid of dead records). The BerkelyDB
from sleepycat may be worth a look though.
- Stuart