Split Distro - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Henshall, Stuart - WCP
Subject Split Distro
Date
List pgsql-hackers
    When I downlaod a full tarball I want it all, I'm greedy like that.
;)
If it is to be split up as standard I believe problems will arise with
different versions being used together (by me most likley...). Also IMHO it
will not necessarily be relised the docs have not been down loaded which
means refering to older docs if there was a previous installation, or not
finding any if no previous install.Also to prevent confusion it might be usefull to have the split
distro in its own sub directory (eg Postgresql-7.1-Split-Distro, or
somesuch), as when I first looked in on the download directory it was not
imediatly obvious there was one main tarball and the rest where a split
version rather than a main one with optional stuff (which is not my favoured
option).
This is all just in my opinion of course.
- Stuart