Re: RPM upgrade caveats going from a beta version to RC - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alessio Bragadini
Subject Re: RPM upgrade caveats going from a beta version to RC
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Oliver Elphick wrote:

> R = 82
> b = 98

This is a very small problem of having capital R and lowercase b that I
believe can be taken into account in the development of 7.2.

> As I suggested in another mail, let us switch to using even minor
> numbers for releases and odd ones for development:

It's a Linux-ism that personally I don't like. You have to be familiar
with the project to understand that 8.3.3 is not better for general use
than 8.2.4 because 8.2 is "stable" and 8.3 is "development".

--
Alessio F. Bragadini        alessio@albourne.com
APL Financial Services        http://village.albourne.com

"It is more complicated than you think"    -- The Eighth Networking Truth from RFC 1925