high availability (was Upgrade to Red Hat Linux 9 broke PostgreSQL) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Welty
Subject high availability (was Upgrade to Red Hat Linux 9 broke PostgreSQL)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 15:21:36 -0700 Dennis Gearon <gearond@cvc.net> wrote:

> How much different *IS* one distro from another?

the installation, boot time initializations, and packaging systems can be
pretty different, as can the degree of support you get after the fact.

i'm pondering a startup right now which will have some rather stringent
requirements for high availability, and one of the issues that's on my mind
is how to upgrade a high availability postgresql server farm. does anyone
have any thoughts/experience on this?

how are folks implementing high availability setups with postgresql? my db
guy is an old line informix type, and while he likes postgresql a lot, he's
very uncertain how to tackle the high availability issues with the pieces
currently on the table.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@averillpark.net