Re: [HACKERS] GSOC Introduction / Eliminate O(N^2) scaling from rw-conflict tracking in serializable transactions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From George Papadrosou
Subject Re: [HACKERS] GSOC Introduction / Eliminate O(N^2) scaling from rw-conflict tracking in serializable transactions
Date
In response to Re: [HACKERS] GSOC Introduction / Eliminate O(N^2) scaling fromrw-conflict tracking in serializable transactions  ("Mengxing Liu" <liu-mx15@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>)
Responses Re: [HACKERS] GSOC Introduction / Eliminate O(N^2) scaling fromrw-conflict tracking in serializable transactions  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all and thank you for your quick replies.

> [two people interested in the same GSoC project]

Mr. Grittner thank you for sharing this ahead of time.

Liu(is this your first name?),

> I have been concentrating on it for a long time, reading papers, reading source codes, and discussing details with Mr
Grittner.

I understand your efforts and I am willing to back down. This is not the only project that appeals to me :)

Mr. Frost, Mr. Munro,  thank you for your suggestions. I am now between the TOAST’ing slices and the predicate locking
project.I am keen on the fact the “toasting” project is related to on-disk data structures so I will probably send you
anemail about that later today.

In general, I would like to undertake a project interesting enough and important for Postgres. Also, I could take into
accountif you favor one over another, so please let me know. I understand that these projects should be strictly
definedto fit in the GSOC period, however the potential for future improvements or challenges is what drives and
motivatesme.

Thank you!
George