Re: How to make a REALLY FAST db server? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From news.optonline.net
Subject Re: How to make a REALLY FAST db server?
Date
List pgsql-general
I need a scalable DB server to handle very large datasets, concurency and scalability are not that critical (yet)

I'm working with a production engineer at Channel Micro (www.channel-micro.com) to test different hardware
configurationsand one of
the configs is using a 3Ware RAID.

Can anyone provide any DB benchmaking software?  I'm trying http://osdb.sourceforge.net/ as well as the MySQL suit and