Permissions denied for the database file system on Windows during restore - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joel Mariadasan (jomariad)
Subject Permissions denied for the database file system on Windows during restore
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Hi,

When I try to restore an old backup on Windows, the restore always fails with a message that permission denied for “base/19513/21359”.

Note this file name provided by postgres is random. When I check the properties of this file, this file doesn’t have any owner at all. Windows says that no one is owning this file.

This is only happening to certain files in the base directory.

Due to these reasons, the restore operation always fails.

Queries:

  1. How does postgres assign in conjunction with Windows assign ownership of the database files post a restore operation?
  2. Are there any guesses on why the issue might have occured?

Regards,

Joel