Re: [patch] executor and slru dtrace probes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bernd Helmle
Subject Re: [patch] executor and slru dtrace probes
Date
List pgsql-hackers

--On 8. Dezember 2009 11:10:44 +0100 Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM>
wrote:

> If you think that it is better I could split patch into two separate
> patches and both can be reviewed separately.

I split up this patch into two separate patches: one for SLRU and one for
the executor probes. I've done some documentation on the SLRU part, maybe
you can look over it (to make sure i didn't break anything).

I left the executor probes out of the documentation for now, since it seems
not to be clear how they would manifest.

Out of curiosity: Why do we want to pass the SlruCtl pointer down to the
probes? I don't understand what those probes are going to do with those
pointers, can you explain?

--
Thanks

    Bernd