Re: [PERFORM] Query in SQL statement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Roger Hand
Subject Re: [PERFORM] Query in SQL statement
Date
List pgsql-hackers

I converted a db from MS SQL, where tables and fields were CamelCase, and
just lowercased the ddl to create the tables.

So table and fields names were all created in lowercase, but I didn't have to change
any of the application code: the SELECT statements worked fine with mixed case.

-- sample DDL
CREATE TABLE testtable
(
  fieldone int4
)
insert into TestTable (fieldone) values (11);

-- These statements will both work:

-- lowercase
SELECT fieldone FROM testtable;

-- CamelCase