Re: PATCH: CITEXT 2.0 v3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: PATCH: CITEXT 2.0 v3
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Jul 11, 2008, at 20:10, Tom Lane wrote:

> Oh, got one of those too ... [ time passes ... ]  Nope, no leak
> seen here either, though you could possibly fry an egg on my laptop
> right now ...

Yeah, gotta love that, right?

So the issue must be with my version for 8.3.x, meaning, likely, my
custom cilower() function. I'll have another look at it. Thanks for
giving it a whirl on your end.

> Also, I notice that the Mac is the *only* one of the three systems
> on which your regression tests pass.  You're depending way too much
> on platform-specific behavior there, I fear.

Hrm. I wonder what that could be. I'll have to give it a shot on my
Ubuntu box and find out. Thanks.

David