Re: PATCH: CITEXT 2.0 v3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PATCH: CITEXT 2.0 v3
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> writes:
> On Jul 11, 2008, at 19:18, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I tried it here and didn't see any apparent memory leak, on two
>> different systems.  What platform are you testing on, and with
>> what encoding/locale settings?

> That's Mac OS X 10.5.4 "Leopard." Using en_US.UTF-8.

Oh, got one of those too ... [ time passes ... ]  Nope, no leak
seen here either, though you could possibly fry an egg on my laptop
right now ...

Also, I notice that the Mac is the *only* one of the three systems
on which your regression tests pass.  You're depending way too much
on platform-specific behavior there, I fear.