Re: Known issues for PostgreSQL server 8.1.19 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Dashputre, Anurag (GE Healthcare)
Subject Re: Known issues for PostgreSQL server 8.1.19
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi Andres,

Thanks for your reply. We can't upgrade to newer version as of now. We just=
 want to know list of known issues on 8.1.19.
We will just note them down and do some impact analysis.

Regards,
Anurag Dashputre

-----Original Message-----
From: Andres Freund [mailto:andres@2ndquadrant.com]=20
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 8:28 PM
To: Dashputre, Anurag (GE Healthcare)
Cc: pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [BUGS] Known issues for PostgreSQL server 8.1.19

Hi,

On 2013-09-18 11:56:36 +0000, Dashputre, Anurag (GE Healthcare) wrote:
> We are using PostgreSQL server 8.1.19 in our product and as part of SDLC =
activities, we would like to know about the Known Issues present in this ve=
rsion.

The primary issue - especially regarding lifecycle - is that 8.1 is out of =
support and thus unmaintained for more than 2 years. Check http://www.postg=
resql.org/support/versioning/ for details.

The also have been several maintenance releases with important fixes in the=
 8.1 line since then.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

--=20