Re: About OIDs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dann Corbit
Subject Re: About OIDs
Date
Re: About OIDs  (Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>)
List pgsql-general

They are very handy for our ODBC driver.  It ensures that there is
always some sort of unique identifier for any table, even if the
designer did not create a primary key.  (Sure, that's a naughty no-no,
but it is astonishing how often it happens).  At any rate, some complex
joins can be sped up enormously by the existence of Odes.