Re: 7.3beta and ecpg - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dann Corbit
Subject Re: 7.3beta and ecpg
Date
List pgsql-hackers

I have a dumb idea...

Why not just package the output of the Bison beta version?

It may not be comprehensible, but it does not need to be generated on
any particular target machine does it?

Sure, it would be nice to be able to process the original grammar on any
client workstation.  But if it will hold up the entire project, why not
just ship the preprocessed output?